Thursday, July 3, 2008

More Great Blogs

Just added two new friends' blogs to my blog list.  

My friends Dan and Jenna Hoffman Scott (friends from Cedarville, and later friends of the family in New Jersey) are in the process of adopting a child from Ethiopia and are blogging about it (The Scotts' Adoption Journey).

My friend Amy (also from Cedarville and aka velvet, author of calamity jane) has a second blog (clucked) with her musings on life and God, a bit more philosophical than calamity jane, which is more about her family life (and creative endeavors: she's a very talented cook and decorator). Both are excellent reads; entertaining and enlightening; reading her blog inspired me to start mine.

Ironically enough, all these folks are like-minded to me, yet we didn't become very close (in fact, I knew Dan by name and Jenna by face only until I moved to NJ and saw them at various friend and family outings) at the good ole 'Ville.  Shocking to learn that not everyone who wasn't in my immediate circle did not equal psychotic legalist.  :) 

2 comments:

CALAMITY JANE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CALAMITY JANE said...

oops, i accidentally deleted my comment! i was just saying you are too kind :)
i love reading your blog - i too have had way too many bad experiences with 'psychotic legalists' (love that!) in the Christian circle.
you are restoring my faith in humanity!